What is it?
Subscribe to notifications on a specific report to receive targeted as-it-happens updates on overlaps that occur within the report.
You can get notified via email or have your updates post in a Slack channel of your choosing once you install our new Slack App.
What can I do with it?
- Subscribe your AEs to reports that are specific to their overlaps to keep them in the loop of any new partner overlaps for the leads or accounts they own.
- Keep up to date on any new overlaps for any of your reports so you don't have to check Crossbeam constantly for new overlaps.
- Get notified where you already work - in Slack - when a new overlap happens with a partner
- Give your whole team visibility into any new overlaps by having them post in a public Slack channel
- Set up a notification in a Slack Connect channel for a report that you share with the partner so you're both kept up to speed on new opportunities for real-time collaboration.
Keep in mind: these notifications are visible to everyone in a slack channel, so never set up a notification for a report that includes a specific partner in a shared channel that has a different partner than the one specified in the report.
How do I use it?
Hop into one of your reports and you'll see a notification bell icon next to the title of your report.
Click on the icon and you have two options:
- Enter the email address of anyone (even non-Crossbeam users) that you want to receive the overlap results via email. You can enter as many as you'd like.
2. Select a Slack channel you'd like notifications to go to. You can select:
- Public channels
- Private channels
- Slack Connect public channels
- Slack Connect private channels
You can only select private channels (both regular and Slack Connect) that the Crossbeam app has been invited to. To invite the Crossbeam app to a channel, type
/invite and select "Add apps to this channel" and select Crossbeam.
We recommend double checking that you are not sending notifications to a Slack Connect channel for a Report that has overlaps with partners that are not also in that Slack Connect channel.
We will notify you if you try and send notifications to a Slack Connect channel...
- ...where we don't know who the other organization is
- ...that contains a partner that does not exist in the report
- ...that contains multiple organizations
💡 If you haven't connected Slack, click the "Connect to Slack" button that will be in place of the channel dropdown.
What do the notifications look like?
The following data appears in Slack report notifications:
- Account name and website
- Account executives for you and all of your partners that overlap (who are sharing that information)
- Who the account overlaps with
- A link to view the account in Crossbeam