Make sure you understand Sharing Defaults for Populations before diving into sharing settings for partners.
After setting up sharing defaults for your populations, you may want to customize these sharing settings for a specific partner.
This starts with the partner detail page. On the left sidebar you'll see two tabs that have to do with data sharing for your partner: Shared with You and Sharing Settings.
Shared with You
This tab shows you what data your partner is sharing with you. In the example above, we can see two of Sabre's population.
- For their Leads population, they are sharing 13 fields with you whenever their population overlaps with any of your populations.
- For their Paying Clients population, you can only see overlap counts whenever their population overlaps with any of your populations but they have a per-population override in place that shares 86 fields with you when their Paying Clients population overlaps with your Active Clients population.
This tab shows you how all of your populations are being shared (or not!) with your partner (Sabre is the partner in this example).
- For your Active Clients population, your partner can only see overlap counts whenever Active Clients overlaps with any of their populations. However, you have created a per-population override to also share 86 fields only when Active Clients overlaps with Sabre's Paying Clients population.
- All Accounts is only showing overlap counts whenever All Account overlaps with any of your partner's populations. The
(default)next to the sharing status means that Overlap counts is the sharing default for your All Accounts population.
- All Accounts - HIDE is Hidden from Sabre, which means they don't know this population exists. This is also the sharing default for All Accounts - HIDE.
- All Leads is sharing 10 fields when All Leads overlaps with any of your partner's populations. This is also the sharing default for All Leads.
(default) next to the sharing status means that it is the sharing default for that population.
Editing Sharing Settings
To edit your sharing settings for a specific population, click on the entire white box.
The modal that pops up should look familiar, it's very similar to the modal you used to set your population sharing default.
If your sharing setting is using the population default, you will be given the option to Customize the default.
Note: once you customize the default, you are essentially "disconnected" from the population default. In the example above, any changed to All Account's sharing default would not apply to Sabre once you click "Customize" and save your setting.
Once you click Customize, you can change the sharing setting to any of the three available options.
In the image above, I've changed the sharing setting to Sharing data and selected 2 fields, which you can now see reflected in the table below.
You can always set your sharing back to the population default by clicking Set to Default if you've customized your sharing setting.
Once you're connected to the default again, any changes to the population's sharing default will affect this partner (Sabre, in this example).
The sharing settings that you learned how to set above apply when your population overlaps with any of your partner's populations. If you want to share specific data when your population overlap's with a specific one of your partner's populations, you can create per-population overrides.